Asbestos Removal Melbourne
Who would expect to find asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) in residential or public places nowadays?
With the complete ban of ACM’s use since the end of 2003, public concludes that they will not hear any findings related to this dangerous material these days.
However, they are still disheartened by the fact that the deadly material still can be found in unexpected places. The news has awakened public awareness due to serious asbestos cases.
Asbestos: check and Recheck
The hazardous fibrous materials may lie in almost every part of your house including in walls, kitchens, bathrooms, roofs, fences, as well as floors.
The interior of houses built during the 50s until 70s was often covered with ACM sheeting. The purpose is to produce great structure although it puts people’s health on risk.
Do an early identification process
ACMs have been found in over 3000 products and materials. The most common one is fibro sheeting. Early identification of ACMs will minimise the health risks caused by this material to you and your family.
Potential ACMs can be detected when you have a good knowledge of building structures and codes. If you’re unsure with the result of your finding, you can ask a licensed assessor or surveyor to confirm whether or not the suspected materials contain some harmful fibres. Next, the professional you hired will carry out a risk assessment and write the assessment result in an ACM register.
Although it is not a complete one, below is the list that may help you identifying where you can find fibrous products:
- Corrugated roof sheets
- Roof membranes
- Air conditioning
- Electrical backing boards
- Compressed sheeting
- Compressed fibre cement sheet floors
- Vinyl Floor tiles
- Fibre cement sheeting
- Fibro sheet
- Fire doors
- Spray applied fire rating material to ceiling and structural beams
- Insulation and sheeting to fire doors
- Spark arresters
- Heater and boiler insulation
- Pipe lagging
- Flange gaskets to pipes
- Water pipes
- Molded cement water pipes
- Millboard insulation
- Molded cistern tanks
- Molded fibrous lining to telephone pits
- Pit linings
- Pointing work
- Sound dampeners
- Spray applied coatings
- Window putty
- Spandrel panels
- Bituminous products
Can I do a DIY for identification?
There are various types of building materials, probably more than 3000 types, containing ACMs. It may give you a hard time in detecting them. Also, the identification process often requires laboratory testing to get precise data. This is why you need help from a professional who has received hours of training.
Am I in danger?
For houses built before the mid-1980s, the chance of being contaminated by asbestos-containing products is rather high. So, check the history of your house for early identification.
However, if after some check up you found out that your house was built after 1990, then your house may not contain fibrous materials. But, it does no harm to do the checkup.
In spite of the full ban in all across Australia, amazingly, some companies still importing contaminated building products. Their products end up as materials for domestic buildings and workplaces across Australia.
Can I remove ACMs myself?
Whether you are thinking of renovating, renting, or buying a property, the risk of being exposed to the harmful fibre is there. Since the work may disturb present ACMs, the risk of exposure is increased. That is why the building occupants, homeowner, or landlords of older properties are not recommended to begin tearing down roofs and walls that are potentially contaminated by the dangerous fibrous materials.
Keep in mind that DIY is quite risky for handling ACM because the problem that may appear subsequently is very serious not only to you but also the surrounding environment.
When you already suspect the existence of some harmful fibrous materials or think of doing a renovation or construction work, the crucial step is to get help from a professional removalist do the inspection. When dealing with ACMs, you need to do extra efforts.
When should I call a removalist?
Here are some indications when you might need to get in touch with an expert if:
- You already suspect the presence of some deadly fibres embedded in your house.
- You find that a suspected material that might be contaminated with harmful fibres is larger than 10m2.
- You are not well equipped with safety kits, such as goggles, gloves, overall suit, or thick plastic bags.
- You wish to conduct regular ACM inspections to make sure your home is free from hazardous fibrous materials.
- You plan to buy, sell or hire out a property.
Problems related to asbestos-containing products vary greatly and each problem requires specific handling. Therefore, companies offer different types of services to manage ACMs, such as emergency repair, air monitoring, demolition, consultant, soil remediation and more.
If you live or plan to live in Melbourne and you need some expertise for asbestos removal, why don’t you try to get in touch with Clear Asbestos Removal Melbourne? Our trusted local contractors are qualified to handle jobs related to ACMs in various places, from residential right to commercial places.
Their available services including:
- Asbestos removal Melbourne: Our endorsed contractors remove any trace of deadly fibres from every corner of your house like ceiling floors, walls, eaves, sheds and elsewhere on your building.
- Asbestos testing: Our assessors will inspect your property and provide you with an ACM register. The report records detail location of the dangerous fibres and which house materials need to be removed. They may also perform a sampling process that will be done in NATA approved Labs.
- Roof removal: After identifying your roofs, our members may remove or replace your old contaminated roofs. The procedure will be in compliance with local and national regulations. Furthermore, the waste will be transported to a legal landfill.
- Management plan: The management plan helps people to decide how the identified ACMs will be managed, such as; what, when, and how the removal is going to be conducted.
Why do you need to contact our endorsed removalists?
There are some important reasons why you need to contact our approved contractors for your asbestos removal Melbourne project:
- Our contractors are fully B-class licensed and accredited for doing non-friable asbestos removal.
- They have been in asbestos industry for years.
- They will provide a control plan before conducting the work.
- Our contractors provide a thorough decontamination process after the asbestos removal work, to ensure your safety.
- Using appropriate equipment and modern technology.
- They can handle any job; big or small, residential to commercial.
- Safely remove the ACMs in compliance with government regulations.
- Competitive prices, great value
- Provide 3 free quotes for all clients!
Through Clear asbestos removal Melbourne, get exceptional services at great value! To put your mind at ease, get in touch with our members now. Let our endorsed removalists get rid of the dangerous fibres from your property, safely and swiftly.